What Fuels You?

What Fuels You?

Monday, February 24, 2014

Guest Speaker - Bruce Kendall

I was intrigued by Mr. Kendall and his work with Pierce County and bringing in the all important foreign dollars into our community.  I found his insight on backroom deals and working with a small group of people to be a little confusing.  I was not really sure as to what it was that they actually did, and how they secured those dollars.  Although clearly an intelligent man, I was a little in the dark I felt on what exactly he does.  He clearly does a lot of great work for the county, but as far as the details it was a little "insider info" for me.  I wish that he would have given us something more in the way of how his businesses has succeeded and failed, what steps he took to get where he is, what he would suggest we did, and what to avoid as young entrepreneurs. 

I like how he did share his enthusiasm for Pierce County and the developmental needs of the area.  How he sees that the future lies in getting foreign interests to send their dollars here.  These things did make sense, but it was sort of like watching a news special on how the flow of money comes in from the orient.  No offense to Mr. Kendall, I was just a little lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment